Wednesday, March 7, 2012

FEBRUARY FAVES

 
Hey guys! 
Becca here with my FEBRUARY favorites! I know everyone says “I can’t believe it’s over…” but with 29 days it really did fly by!  I wanted to let you all know that I am currently working on getting a better quality camera, so I apologize about the quality of swatches… but for the time being this one works just fine!  I will include links to certain products if they are available! Leave comments on what you loved this past month; I’d love to check it out!

 SO LET’S GET STARTED!!!

* Garnier Skin Renew B.B Cream- about $13.00
There is a lot of hype with B.B Creams, I haven’t tried any other brand, but with an affordable price, you surely won’t be disappointed with this one.  Working much like a tinted moistureizer, this cream will even out skin tone and protect against sun damage with SPF 15 without heavy coverage. PERFECT FOR YOUR “NATURAL” DAYS!  The swatch in the picture isn’t doing the cream justice (hence why I want a better quality camera).  I have been using this cream the entire month of February and I can’t seem to find a single thing I don’t like about it.  This product is easiest applied with fingertips because of its sheer consistency.  For you ladies with darker skin, Garnier also offers this product in a Medium/Dark shade. 



* Essence Colour & Shine Eyeshadow in 08 “Joyride to Jupiter”- $2.99
If you’re a frequent visitor of Ulta, then you are probably familiar with the SUPER affordable brand *Essence*.  This is one of their baked eye shadows.  I’ve purchased other colors, but I find this shimmery grey shadow allows you to make a quick, easy, gorgeous smokey eye, or it can be used as an all over the lid wash of color!  Grey is so versatile and compliments many outfits.  This shadow can be used wet or dry, just as all other baked shadows.  With the low price and color pay off, go out and get you some of these… NOW!!!  :) 




* ULTA Extreme Wear Whipped Eyeshadow in “Tiramisu Cream”- $8.00
If you’re like me, you always gravitate towards the kiosk displaying ULTA’s brand of products! The affordability and the price are excellent as well as the color choices and who can forget the fabulous deals they provide like Buy 2 get 2 Free, or when I purchased this shadow, they were running a special where if you buy $17.50 in ULTA brand cosmetics or beauty tools they would give you a makeup bag filled with all sorts of makeup goodies! This shadow is a shimmery taupe color,(again, a little difficult to tell from the picture, so please bare with me).  The lasting power is amazing… I wouldn’t necessarily say there is a dupe for this product, mainly because I have never seen a shadow of the same consistency, especially one that comes in a pot!  I mostly use this color as an all over wash for my lids on days I am in a hurry.  I have played with different ways to apply the shadow… A brush was not very functional because the shadow is too much of a liquid formula.  ULTA offers their Whipped shadows in a variety of other colors! I purchased mine in San Antonio and when I made a trip to my new ULTA here in Dallas, I didn’t see that they had put them out yet, so be on the lookout!

* Vaseline Lip Therapy “Original”- about $2.00
I will be honest and tell you that I bought this for no reason other than it was TOO dang cute!  Who wouldn’t want this adorable, “keep-in-your-pocket” lip balm.  There is absolutely no scent to it, it is however a very thick consistency, yet it applies to the lips like butter! It REALLY has me confused, but what I am NOT confused about it HOW MUCH I LOVE this product!  You can purchase this product at places like Walmart and Target. 



* NYX Stick Blush- $5.99
I saved my ABSOLUTE favorite product for last.  I have been using these stick blushes the ENTIRE month of February.  I purchased 4 of them while ULTA was having a Buy 1 get 1 50% off on NYX.  These blushes are a rich, creamy consistency.  Some of the colors have shimmer and some are completely matte.  I love these blushes because they give my cheeks a nice supple, flushed look.  As you can (maybe lol) tell from the swatches, colors like 03 HIBISCUS and 07 WATER LILLY are a matte cream, and the other colors, 04 TULIP and 06 ORCHID have a shimmer to them.  I personally like NYX’s stick blush better than any other cream blush I have ever tried, and I LOVE cream blushes!  They best apply with a brush, but can also work just as well applied with your fingertips and blending! THAT is key!  I will continue to use these and love them, and I can see myself going out and purchasing more! :)















Thanks for taking the time to read about my favorites! Leave comments below of what you think of these products if you’ve tried any!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment